A self-care routine is a powerful tool to boost your well-being. When you’re feeling tired and stressed out, there are so many practices you can use to revitalize yourself. When you’re bored of your usual self-care practices take a look at these five ideas!
1 . Paint A Picture
Plenty of studies indicate that creativity is a great way to boost your mental health. You don’t have to be a pro artist to have a fun painting session. Creating art is therapeutic, it helps to calm your mind and to feel a sense of achievement. If you’re worried that you don’t have the skills, you can cheat a little and buy a paint by numbers set. Feeling brave? Simply buy a canvas and some paints and let your imagination flow!
2 . Try Cold Water Swimming
Coldwater swimming may not sound that fun, but it does have plenty of health benefits. It’s proven to boost your immune system, improve your circulation, and reduce cortisol levels (the stress hormone). It’s one of the best ways to feel revitalized, and get a unique workout. There are classes you can take if you prefer the idea of swimming in a group. Always follow the instructor’s guidelines to keep yourself safe.
3. Take Herbal Supplements
Want to feel revitalized and relaxed? Looking to boost your energy levels and sleep better? The world of plants has plenty of options to support your self-care practices. Let’s consider a few supplements:
- CBD Oil: Cannabidiol is derived from the hemp plant, it’s one compound from the plant, and does not produce a high effect. Instead, taking CBD supplements are useful to feel calm, relaxed, and sleep better at night. For more details, take a look at bloomfarmswellness.com.
- Rhodiola: This is a plant that grows in mountain regions across the world. It’s helpful to boost energy levels and reduce stress. You can purchase Rhodiola in supplement form from most health food stores.
4. Write Positive Affirmations
Positive affirmations are statements that are intended to challenge negative beliefs and focus on the positives. When you’re feeling stressed out, it’s not always easy to focus on the bright side. Regardless, there’s much evidence to show that positive thinking helps you to feel better. A few examples of positive affirmations include:
- I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
- It’s okay to make mistakes and learn from them.
- I have confidence in my abilities.
- I am choosing happiness.
Positive affirmations do not have to focus on self-improvements. It’s about accepting yourself and appreciating the good.
5. Practice Sleep Meditations
Getting a better night’s sleep is the key to feeling revitalized. Many people struggle to sleep and after a while, this can really take its toll on your health. Practicing sleep meditations can help you to relax and wind down before bed. To find sleep meditations you can try sleep apps like Calm, Slumber, or Relax Melodies. Once you find a sleep routine that works for you you’ll really notice the difference in your mood.