I realised the other day that even though I’ve had this site for a number of years now, I’ve never really shared any fun facts about myself. I did of course attempt a T.M.I Tag but honestly I didn’t really enjoy it. I’m trying to get more visual and have taken to doing more live streams which are proving pretty popular but I still struggle with YouTube. I have untold respect for Youtubers it really does look easy from the outside but it really isn’t. I’m just more comfortable with taking pictures and writing so will jump in and out of the video world until I find my footing.
So to make this process a little more interesting, I’ve decided to share 33 facts about me as that’s how old I am. (Yes, I know I don’t look it :)) Get to know me a little better.
- Yes I really am 33 and I’m 34 next April!
- I’m the best star sign obviously – Aries
- My favourite films are The Rocky Trilogy, Stomp The Yard, Gladiator, A Time To Kill and Shawshank Redemption.
- I hate whipped cream, custard and creamed rice (yuck!)
- I’m a mental health professional and have worked in this field for over 6 years
- I’m a sucker for watching YouTube and other Youtubers but can’t get myself to film enough! (help!)
- At the age of 10, I was chased by a bull in Jamaica- somehow I managed to survive the ordeal. I mistook the bull for a cow. Go figure!
- I can’t swim! (this is on my bucket list though, I hope to learn by the age of 100 at least. You’ll often find me paddling in the shallow end taking pictures.
- I’m 1/2 Jamaican, 1/2 Bajan
- I’m in LOVE with affordable fashion and genuinely love confusing people when they hear how cheap my clothes are. But please note, I’ve got nothing against high end brands so if you want to send me an LV I’m all game.
- I hate romance films with a passion! I’m not anti romance though I just hate watching the mushy stuff, particularly in the cinema.
- I aim to travel a minimum of once a year-MIN- this year I’m going to sightsee in Malta.
- I don’t have children but aim to have at least 2!
- I absolutely love salad, I could eat it everyday and not complain.
- I passed my driving test on the 3rd attempt after being tormented by the parallel park and failing on it twice!
- I live, breathe herbal tea! I have had two cups a day everyday since I was 15. My favourites are Lemon and Ginger, Green Tea, White Tea and Nettle.
- I went to three different colleges (let’s just say I like change sometimes!)
- I have an Upper 2:1 BA Honours in English Literature and Drama
- I got a triple grade distinction in Performing Arts
- I’m building a new brand and redefining my personal brand daily.- Watch this space!
- I’m a loyal, true friend but wrong me and I cut you out of my life. No questions asked, no excuses.
- I own over 50+ shoes
- I love Michael Jackson and my favourite songs of his are Give It To Me, Smooth Criminal, Will You Be There and Stranger In Moscow.
- I’ve only been in love once and you know what they say guys if you do it right once, you won’t have to do it again 😉
- I’m finally adulting- the days of acting like a big kid are well and truly over with.
- I’m developing a love of Pilates
- I’m studying to be an accredited life coach (go figure- keep an eye on my updates)
- I own a sega mega drive with 16 games and still dream about throwing baddies from the lift on Streets of Rage 1!
- I’m a girlie girl but can also throw it down so don’t test me!
- I’m currently working on my debut book
- I hate rollercoasters. You will often see me standing by the water fountain holding everyone’s belongings.
- I’m addicted to self development videos and watch them daily on YouTube
- My favourite books of all time is Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck and Things Fall Apart by Chinea Achebe
About this look…
I thought I’d throw one more thing into the mix and throw in this look for extra measure. As you must be aware of my now, I love everything5pounds.com. I’m unsure why they have taken so long to sponsor me but to be honest, it’s only a matter of time. I picked up this gorgeous set two months ago when I vowed to stop online shopping but succumbed after around 5 minutes and bought 5 things! It’s not in stock anymore which is a shame but there are similar looks on their site and I can honestly say the quality of their clothes is impressive and they never fail to deliver.
The feedback on this look has been CRAZY. Instagram is fast becoming my favourite platform because the feedback is instant. The top and bottom was £5 each. I completed the look with my massive clear shades from Roman Road market, E15- London and my boxfresh Nikes from Sports Direct.
I Hope you enjoyed this! Look out for more posts like this one and #MyMusicMyMood which I’m bringing back to sashashantel.com